Welcome to the the World Free News Citizen’s Journal! In keeping with our belief that everyone has the right of self-expression, freedom of thought and that everyone deserves to be heard and to have a voice, we proudly present you with that very opportunity. Now, as a registered user, you have the ability to write your own articles and news stories and publish them in the Citizen’s Journal.
Everything you see in the Citizen’s Journal section of World Free News comes directly from our user community. The articles here are not edited, fact-checked or otherwise vetted by World Free News before they post. The articles are however, filtered for inappropriate content. World Free News will check out some of the most compelling, important and urgent articles and, once they’re approved, they will also appear in other parts of the magazine such as news, entertainment, etc.
Are you ready to publish an article? Just follow these simple steps:
- Read the Terms of Service: http://worldfreenews.com/citizens-journal-terms-of-service
- If you haven’t registered previously then, register: http://worldfreenews.com/register
- Verify your registration and activate your account by following the link emailed to the address you provided
- Login: http://worldfreenews.com/login
- Write and submit your article or news story: http://worldfreenews.com/post-your-article-to-the-citizens-journal
It’s that easy! Your article will be published as soon as it is filtered for inappropriate content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go to read the articles?
As the section is brand new, all the articles can be read here: http://worldfreenews.com/citizens-journal-headlines/
As the Citizen Journal grows with user submitted articles, categories will be added for geographic locations around the world!
Is there a preferred format?
- The format is up to you but, follow these two basic rules:
- All articles should be in English. Readers have the ability to translate all pages.
- All articles (main body, not the title) should begin with the City and State (or country) in capital letters and bold with a dash followed by the article text i.e. WICHITA, KS – A man today made the news by…
What should I include in my article?
The Citizen’s Journal is a great place to post your local news or your own take on issues making headlines. News comes in all shapes and sizes, and the community (you and other users) will shape what counts as news, but there are a few things every article should have in common:
- It’s yours. Your articles should be made up of your own words and images, or those that you have the rights to use.
- It’s true. Articles should be about real events, or real opinions on events. It’s not news if you make it up.
- It’s new and interesting. The best articles teach us something new or start a fresh discussion. (Check our Journalist’s Resources for more tips).
You can also post original articles that are not news on any topic like Entertainment, Lifestyles, etc.
What should not be included in my article?
- Content that infringes someone’s copyright.
- Content that you know to be untrue.
- Spam, or repeated uploads that flood the site with duplicate versions of the same or similar content.
- Pornography/sexually explicit content.
- Obscene/lewd content.
- Content that advocates violent behavior.
- Content that contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitative, prurient or gratuitous purposes.
- Content that advocates dangerous, illegal or predatory acts or poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
- Hate Speech/Racially or ethnically offensive content.
- Please review Terms of Service
What should I do if I see something that violates the guidelines?
- Please report it immediately here: http://worldfreenews.com/contact-us
What is inappropriate content?
Any content, in part or in whole that violates any of the Terms of Service.
Why does my article not appear under one of the News categories?
Because articles published in the Citizen’s Journal, have not undergone the World Free News editing process.
Copyright © 2011 The Citizen’s Journal and World Free News’ Citizen’s Journal are trademarks of WorldFreeNews.com, a Blarney Stone LLC publication. All rights reserved.